Sunday, November 18, 2007

day 18 :: craft fair update

Today the craft fair was RUBBISH


My sister came to join me (pics soon to be on her blog) but the weather was AWFUL. There were barely any customers all day and the ones that did come were soaking wet and windswept and miserable!!


My total takings for today were £14.45


It's safe to say that my goodies didn't really fit with the rest of the stalls offerings and I think that the prices didn't fit either !! I bought a pair of gorgeous hand knitted gloves for £1!!


It was a bit of a bargain bazaar rather than a craft fair!!


I'm going to investigate the possibility of attending a craft fair in Brighton next year (if anyone knows of one please let me know) because I think Brighton may have more potential customers than Worthing.


But the good news is I have loads of lovely things to fill my shop with...woo-hoo!!





Yesterday when Nia came to visit she left me with a Christmas present and she said I could open it when I got home and I did ::

such pretty wrapping :-)aaahhh look a lovely little bear :-) His name is Armstrong. Isn't he cute?

Thanks Nia, I absolutely love him :-)

I'm off to unpack, tidy up and have a hearty meal.


15 comments:

Blooming Felt said...

Oh no !!! That's a real shame that no-one turned out. People obviously have no taste whatsoever in Worthing (apart from you of course!) Chin up though - as you say - you've got loads of stuff to put in your shop now and I'm sure it will FLY !!!! Sarah x

Craftydramaqueen said...

Shame about the Craft Fair. Word of mouth is the best way to find a good fair. Try forums on t'Internet. Your stall looks brilliant, you are very talented.

Just Original said...

What a shame, I guess the weather did'nt help either!

Don't let it put you off!

Just Original said...

What a shame, I guess the weather did'nt help either!

Don't let it put you off!

Unknown said...

Armstrong is gorgeous! But what a completely crappy day, I'm now starting to dread my next fair! :(
I'm with you on the Brighton idea, Worthing does have a reputation for being a giant old peoples home ;)

pinkgreen said...

Sorry it didn't go well.Craft fairs can be a bit dodgy - lots of old people doing stuff as a hobby and not needing to make proper money out of it. Your stall looks fab (and so does Armstrong!).
Cathy XX

Locket Pocket said...

So sorry you had a "crubbish" (child-friendly swearing according to Monkee Maker)day at the craft fair - I had a similar one on Thursday night - leaves you feeling really crubbish too doesn't it! Lovely things for your shop though! Lucy x

dragonfly said...

That's too bad, you're stall looked so brilliant. Love Armstrong!

dottycookie said...

Awww, I'm sorry the fair was not good - but your stall looked amazing!

Your little bear is adorable - Nia is a clever girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah

I feel for you! Please don't let this put you off.
You are such a talented person full of wonderful ideas! I have a very good contact with rural and county fairs if you were interested?
Sharon@fourcooks.net
Keep up the beautiful work
Sharon x

sara said...

Please please could I buy a couple of the cupcake bags. Please let me know if you list them in your shop.

Many thanks
Sara

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others, don't let it put you off. I have done three markets and the takings have dropped each time, it is all about picking the right one. I have found a really good way to pic the right one is to buddy up with someone selling work of a similar quality and they can hopefully tell you of the good ones.

Heidi said...

Sorry about your craft fair experience, but I appreciate all the commenter's advice. I'm doing my first one in a few weeks, too, and I have a feeling it's going to have the same low-end feeling. But I will at least pray for good weather!

Kitty said...

What a shame :-( I've had those days too - it's such an anti-climax. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to these things - just don't lose enthusiasm. Keep on trying!

:-) x

mollycupcakes said...

Sorry to hear it was a bad day for sales, I think sometimes people want something for nothing at these things.
Better luck next time.
Nice to get a early xmas gift to cheer you up though.

I've left a message on your website sweetie about an order, look forward to hearing from you x
Hugs.
Catherine x